Friday, July 31, 2009

You learn something new everyday

It is so much fun to be a mom to these wonderful children of mine. As you know, I am still getting acquainted with 2 of them, and I frequently learn something new.
Today was no different.
Today I learned a little something about Hanna's pain threshold. I would prefer the children not experience pain, but it still comes in handy to know how they handle it.
I was reading at the table when Svetlana runs in. "Hanna's Hurt!"
I run to the family room.
Hanna's face is a mask of horror. Her eyes are wild and her mouth is a perfect "O" shaped silent scream. Tears are streaming and she is holding her side.
What happened?
Did you fall?
Are you hurting inside?
Which side is the appendix on? I really need to figure that out.
She begins gasping and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
"the boat, zzzz zzzz zzzz and bam."

She has been stung by a bee.

As she calmed down, I tried to determine if she was experiencing any breathing problems or if her lips were swelling. She was too distracted by her brother's game of Lego-starwars on Gamecube to give me a good answer.
She over-reacts but her recovery is quick.
Short attention span helps too.

She's going to make it.

No comments: