Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Exciting things

I am ready to share with you about the ministry opportunities that have opened up for me. As most of you know, I volunteer with Project HOPEFUL. Until now, it has been mostly on a fill in wherever needed basis. I am pleased to share with you that I now operate in a more official capacity.
I am the FIG Program Director. Also the Ukraine contact. That last bit speaks mostly to the fact that I am the one who has most recently been through the Ukraine process and in developing the FIG program, I have and am continuing to gather lots of Ukraine resources.
The more exciting news is the part of FIG director.

What is the FIG Program?

I'm glad you asked.

FIG stands for 'Family in the Gap'.
As a FIG member a person or family can choose one of two sponsorship programs.
First as a specific orphan advocate. For a year long time period, a person/family/group will choose one child from the waiting list and perform 4 core tasks.
first, PRAY.
Second, COMMIT.
Third, ADVOCATE.
Finally, FUND RAISE.

The second choice is to commit to be a Foster Family Sponsor on a yearly basis.
The core components are similar:
PRAY
COMMIT
DONATE

You can read more about the FIG program as well as the other programs that Project HOPEFUL operates.
If you would like more information about the program, please email me at figs@projecthopeful.org and I will send you an information packet.


You might also like to see the TRUTH PANDEMIC video here . It is full of excellent information about HIV and how it can and cannot be passed. Additionally, all of my children are in it and that's always a treat.
www.projecthopeful.org

2 comments:

M. E. said...

That is wonderful, Traci! Please let me know if I can help with anything! (ps. spending you a note about Polina)

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to tell you since I saw the Truth Pandemic video last week that Dasha's cameo is hysterical! She steals the show ;) What a doll...