Sunday, July 19, 2009

More challenge

I like the verse I posted earlier. It's my theme verse.

Ephesians 4:1
...I urge you who have been chosen by God to live up to the life to which God called you.

Don't you feel the challenge? LIVE UP TO THE LIFE TO WHICH GOD CALLED YOU.

It stands as a challenge to God's people to get busy living the life He wants you to.

I've been reading Just Courage: God's Great Expedition for the Restless Christian, by Gary Haugen. I guess that's me- a restless Christian.
Gary Haugen writes:
"Accordingly, I can take my gifts and passions and training and strengths beyond the places of safety and control, and into the sphere of the kingdom where I actually need God...

Do you and I have work that we can't imagine doing for thirty minutes without prayer? If not, perhaps we need a new life's work. Or perhaps we need to do an old life's work in a new way...
...our rescue is not the ultimate destination, it is the indispensable means by which God works out his plan to rescue the world.

..."You are the light of the world."
according to Jesus, we are it. You are it. The world is a dark and hurting place, and the Creator of the universe has one pan to bring light to it-and through Christ, we are that plan...

God calls us to make the transition from being those who have been rescued from the world, to those through whom God is literally rescuing the world."

I could continue quoting the book until I typed the whole thing out on my blog. It all boils down to that verse.
Live up to the life to which God called you.
If we all started living like God intended, we would be seeing miracles every day. We would be the vehicle through which those miracles would happen.

Slaves would be set free
the hungry would be fed
the sick would be healed
the orphan would have a home
the widow would be cared for
the homeless would have a resting place

If we would just LIVE UP TO THE LIFE TO WHICH GOD CALLED US TO.

Don't you hear him calling?

I do.

No comments: